Join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce
You can join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce as a Business (in or out of Tombstone), Non-Profit Organization or as an Individual.
ABOUT THE TOMBSTONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is an organization made up of businesses and individuals seeking to further their collective interests, while advancing their community.
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is known world-wide as the marketing arm Tombstone Arizona.
Our goals and efforts work to promote our member’s business, encourage new business and to market Tombstone through a variety of advertising efforts and to increase visitation to Tombstone thus increasing our over-all city revenue.
The Chamber operates and manages the Visitor Center, Boot Hill, and the Tombstone Courthouse. The Tombstone Chamber also is responsible for promoting Tombstone Arizona as a destination location with commitment to quality economic growth and development.
Join the more than 90 businesses that benefit from the Chamber’s marketing avenues, pro-business advocacy, and high visibility events throughout the year.
Being a Business Chamber Member is an incredibly affordable marketing and business resource for your business. Looking at it dollar wise – to join the Chamber works out to less than $10.50 a month. That is less than one trip to McDonalds! And the bang for your buck is greater.
WHY SHOULD I BE A MEMBER OF THE TOMBSTONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
Because the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce carries the reputation of being a leader of business integrity in my community and my affiliation lends my business credibility.
The Chamber is a close-knit organization in which members support each other’s businesses.
The Chamber promotes Tombstone to the “world” and regularly refers visitors to Chamber businesses first.
The Chamber requires financial support in order to perform its job of increasing economic prosperity of the area which it serves.
The Chamber unifies the public spirit of my community and directs it into useful and constructive channels that are not limited to business.
And…..Because I feel a personal obligation to improve the quality of life in the community in which I live.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE TOMBSTONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE?
- Business Referrals: The Tombstone community receives well over 500,000 visitors each year!!! In a community of 1400+ residents that is an astounding number. Approximately 35-40% of these visitors have called, emailed or visited the Tombstone Chamber / Visitor Center. That is conservatively 175,000 people!!!! Members referred first in response to all requests for information on specific goods and services. The Tombstone Chamber is regularly asked by our visitors:
- Where can I stay?
- Where can I eat?
- Where can I shop?
- Do you have a store that carries?
- I want to move to the area can you recommend?
- And . . .
- Tax Deduction: Chamber dues are 100% tax deductible as business expense.
- Chamber Directory: Your company is listed by business category on the Chamber’s website member directory.
- Website: The Chamber's website receives approximately 30-35,000 visitors monthly. Visitors are looking at events, business listings, and the history of Tombstone. As a member, your company or organization will be listed on our website’s member directory, which is one of the most frequently visited pages on our website. We will create essentially a webpage for your company or organization.
- Rack Cards & Displays: Your information is on display at the Chamber & Visitors Center. Drop off your 4x9” information rack cards or business cards so we can display them in our lobby for local residents and visitors.
- Newsletter: Submit announcements and news about your business for the Chamber to highlight for you in the weekly electronic updates and the bi-monthly printed newsletter.
- Chamber Member Identification: You'll receive a Chamber Member decal for your front door as well as a Chamber Member graphic for you to display on your website.
- Social Media: The Tombstone Chamber's Facebook receives 8-10,000 page views monthly. We will regularly feature Chamber businesses on the Chamber’s Facebook page. Chamber members may post their specials and events on the Chamber’s page. The Chamber’s Facebook page is well used, and posts are shared by Tourism organization throughout the United States.
- Advertising & Marketing Summary - 2016: Click Here to learn more about the broad based advertising efforts of the Tombstone Chamber.
Outside of Tombstone Arizona
Business Membership - $150.00 (USD) Annually
These are For Profit Businesses that are located outside of the Tombstone city limits. These are non-voting Chamber Members.
Individual - Non Voting
$30.00 (USD) Annually
For Individuals (Non Business) that desire to support the Chamber of Commerce. These individuals have the benefit of association with the Chamber of Commerce. They do not receive the benefit of voting or advertising.
About Joining the Tombstone Chamber as an Individual
Individual Memberships are for those people not associated with a business who would like to support the Chamber’s good works in our communities. Typical individual members are people who are retired, just moved into the area or who moved out of the area but want to stay in touch with what it going on in Tombstone, AZ. Many people who volunteer at the Chamber are Individual Members. A membership makes a great gift for any occasion, particularly for someone who already has it all.
Individual members receive our Weekly Email Updates, and a listing on the Chamber website.
The Average U.S. Cost of a Chamber Membership
The average cost of membership depends on the size and number of employees your business has. Many small business memberships fall into the $30-40 per month range. Most chambers charge a $300 - $400 yearly fee. - as per the U.S. Chamber of Commerce 2015
Business Credibility of Being A Business Chamber Member
Many members of the community consider Chamber of Commerce membership to be a sign of a reputable, solid business.
When you join the Chamber, you will receive a Chamber of Commerce decal to display in your business’ window, so other businesses know you are a member.
Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall.
It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 22% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.
The Real Value of Joining a Chamber of Commerce – A Research Study by the Schapiro Group Sandra Lewis | Published: August 28, 2013
And... by joining the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce you are supporting the overall efforts to increase awareness and tourism for our community!
Chamber dues are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes.