Join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce
You can join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce as a Business (in or out of Tombstone), Non-Profit Organization or as an Individual.
About the Tombstone Chamber
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is an organization made up of businesses and individuals seeking to further their collective interests, while advancing their community.
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is known world-wide as the marketing arm Tombstone Arizona.
Our goals and efforts work to promote our member’s business, encourage new business and to market Tombstone through a variety of advertising efforts and to increase visitation to Tombstone thus increasing our over-all city revenue.
The Chamber operates and manages the Visitor Center, Boot Hill, and the Tombstone Courthouse. The Tombstone Chamber also is responsible for promoting Tombstone Arizona as a destination location with commitment to quality economic growth and development.
Join the more than 90 businesses that benefit from the Chamber’s marketing avenues, pro-business advocacy, and high visibility events throughout the year.
Being a Business Chamber Member is an incredibly affordable marketing and business resource for your business. Looking at it dollar wise – to join the Chamber works out to less than $10.50 a month. That is less than one trip to McDonalds! And the bang for your buck is greater.
Why Join the Chamber
As a Tombstone Chamber member you have a voice. The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is an organization of businesses seeking to further a collective interest of promoting the community of Tombstone Arizona.
The Chamber by its own declaration was formed to "advance the general welfare of the Tombstone area and prosperity of the Tombstone area in order that its citizens and all areas of the business community prosper.
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is known throughout the United States, and in some pockets world wide as the marketing arm of our community. Our goals work to promote our member’s business, encourage new business and to market Tombstone through a variety of advertising efforts and to increase visitation to Tombstone thus increasing our over-all city revenue.
Your membership supports our community and the Chamber to pursue the goal to have Tombstone remain and grow as a "destination point" for national and international visitors.
A strong Chamber membership is vital to the continued growth and success of our community.
The Average U.S. Cost of a Chamber Membership
The average cost of membership depends on the size and number of employees your business has. Many small business memberships fall into the $30-40 per month range. Most chambers charge a $300 - $400 yearly fee. - as per the U.S. Chamber of Commerce 2015
Business Credibility of Being A Business Chamber Member
Many members of the community consider Chamber of Commerce membership to be a sign of a reputable, solid business.
When you join the Chamber, you will receive a Chamber of Commerce decal to display in your business’ window, so other businesses know you are a member.
Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall.
It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 22% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.
The Real Value of Joining a Chamber of Commerce – A Research Study by the Schapiro Group Sandra Lewis | Published: August 28, 2013
Benefits of a Chamber Business Membership are:
1. YOUR BUSINESS BECOMES A CHAMBER RECOMMENDATION - Our office receives thousands of calls from both local residents and out of town visitors asking us for recommendations for their needs and wants. We direct them to view our Chamber Member listings on the Tombstone Chamber website for recommendations..
The Tombstone community receives well over 500,000 visitors each year!!! In a community of 16 00+ residents that is an astounding number.
Approximately 35-40% of these visitors have called or visited the Tombstone Chamber / Visitor Center. That is conservatively 175,000 people!!!!
The Tombstone Chamber is regularly asked by our visitors:
- Where can I stay?
- Where can I eat?
- Where can I shop?
- Do you have a store that carries?
- I want to move to the area can you recommend ...?
- And . . .
And the Tombstone Chamber WILL refer your business ALWAYS as part of your Chamber Membership.
2. CHAMBER BUSINESS DIRECTORY - is available online at our website, tombstonechamber.com. In addition to local interest, statistics show 80% of travelers look up what there is to do and services available before they visit a destination. Our Members Directory on our website tracks the number of unique views your listing receives.
3. YOUR INFORMATION DISPLAYED AT THE CHAMBER/VISTOR CENTER – Drop off your 4x9” information rack cards or business cards so we can display them in our lobby for local residents and visitors.
4. CHAMBER WEEKLY EMAIL UPDATE - as a member, you can submit information about something new or a special event that we will feature in our weekly email that is sent to ALL chamber members, and posted on the Chamber’s website. .
5. HELP WITH YOUR EMPLOYMENT NEEDS - We will add any employment posting you have to our Newsletters and Facebook postings.
6. WEBSITE LISTING - Your business listing becomes part of our Chamber website. If anyone is looking for a business, service or attraction, they can search for it by name or category on our website. Your landing page on our website, tombstonechamber.com, includes a description, logo, photos, a link to your website, Facebook and even can feature a short YouTube video.
7. CHAMBER MEMBER IDENTIFICATION - You'll receive a Chamber Member decal for your front door as well as a Chamber Member graphic for you to display on your website.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA POSTINGS: The Tombstone Chamber's Facebook receives 8-10,000 page views monthly. Chamber Members are welcomed and encouraged to post events and business news on the Chamber's Facebook Page Timeline. Business Chamber Members can also receive a direct courtesy post by the Chamber of Commerce. This post will reflect that it is posted by the Chamber on behalf of your business This information can be submitted to email@example.com.
About Joining the Tombstone Chamber as an Individual
Individual Memberships are for those people not associated with a business who would like to support the Chamber’s good works in our communities. Typical individual members are people who are retired, just moved into the area or who moved out of the area but want to stay in touch with what it going on in Tombstone, AZ. Many people who volunteer at the Chamber are Individual Members. A membership makes a great gift for any occasion, particularly for someone who already has it all.
Individual members receive our Weekly Email Updates, and a listing on the Chamber website.
In Tombstone Arizona
Business Membership - $125.00 (USD) Annually
These are For Profit Businesses that are located within Tombstone Arizona
Outside of Tombstone Arizona
Business Membership - $150.00 (USD) Annually
These are For Profit Businesses that are located outside of the Tombstone city limits. These are non-voting Chamber Members.
Non Profit / Church Membership
$75.00 (USD) Annually
For IRS designated Non Profit Organizations
Individual - Non Voting
$30.00 (USD) Annually
For Individuals (Non Business) that desire to support the Chamber of Commerce. These individuals have the benefit of association with the Chamber of Commerce. They do not receive the benefit of voting or advertising.
And... by joining the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce you are supporting the overall efforts to increase awareness and tourism for our community!
Chamber dues are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes.