Join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce
You can join the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce as a Business (in or out of Tombstone), Non-Profit Organization or as an Individual.
ABOUT THE TOMBSTONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is an organization made up of businesses and individuals seeking to further their collective interests, while advancing their community.
The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is known world-wide as the marketing arm Tombstone Arizona.
Our goals and efforts work to promote our member’s business, encourage new business and to market Tombstone through a variety of advertising efforts and to increase visitation to Tombstone thus increasing our over-all city revenue.
The Chamber operates and manages the Visitor Center, Boot Hill, and the Tombstone Courthouse. The Tombstone Chamber also is responsible for promoting Tombstone Arizona as a destination location with commitment to quality economic growth and development.
Join the more than 90 businesses that benefit from the Chamber’s marketing avenues, pro-business advocacy, and high visibility events throughout the year.
Being a Business Chamber Member is an incredibly affordable marketing and business resource for your business. Looking at it dollar wise – to join the Chamber works out to less than $10.50 a month. That is less than one trip to McDonalds! And the bang for your buck is greater.
WHY SHOULD I INVEST IN THE TOMBSTONE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BY BECOMING A CHAMBER MEMBER?
1. Your investment allows our staff to promote your business and make our community the kind of place you can be proud to live and work in. The Chamber Staff and Board Members care about the growth of you, your business and the Tombstone community. Every members needs are unique, we value what you have to say and appreciate your membership and time. To help serve our members better we are constantly looking for new benefits and services and encourage feedback and suggestions. We’re here to help you. Utilizing your membership benefits makes your business, our organization and our community stronger.
2. Your investment helps the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce carry out its mission and commitment to the community. “The Tombstone Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Tombstone area so that its citizens and all areas of its business community shall prosper. All necessary means of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the civic, commercial, cultural, industrial, agricultural, economic, education, historical, and tourism interests of the area. This organization, in its activities, shall be non-partisan, non-sectional and nonsectarian. It shall not be, by resolution or otherwise, committed to the support or endorsement of any candidate for public office.”
3. Your investment offers you exclusive advertising and marketing resources. Advertising opportunities include E-promos, the Newsletter, Chamber Website/s, Social Media Postings, Rack Cards, and the Chamber Membership Directory.
The Chamber Member Directory affords each Chamber member an individual page with images, contact information, and business description.
The Chamber's website receives 14,000+ monthly. Visitors are looking at events, business listings, and the history of Tombstone. As a member, your company or organization will be listed on our website’s member directory, which is one of the most frequently visited pages on our website. We will create essentially a webpage for your company or organization. In addition to www.tombstonechamber.com the Chamber has added two additional websites – www.comevisittombstoneaz.com and www.enjoytombstoneaz.com. The Tombstone Chamber also maintains 5 different Facebook pages – that receive on average about a 12,000 reach per page. We are soon to be expanding our Snap Chat efforts, and possibly Instagram – stay tuned.
Take a look at the Chamber’s Advertising & Marketing Summary - 2016 & 2017: Visit the link below to learn more about the broad based advertising efforts of the Tombstone Chamber.
4. Your investment plays a hand in community growth and business development activities. We work hard to make the Tombstone AZ area attractive to potential new residents and businesses, and are here to provide information on living and relocating to the area, which in turn helps grow our community. Publications like our relocation packet, community profile guides and city/county maps are distributed daily. The Chamber office or the Chamber Website is usually the first place a visitor or business comes for such information.
5. Your investment ensures that the Chamber will refer your business FIRST. The Tombstone community in 2016 received well over 300,000 visitors!!! In a community of 1400+ residents that is an astounding number. Approximately 40% of these visitors have called, emailed or visited the Tombstone Chamber. That is conservatively 130,000 people!!!! Members referred first in response to all requests for information on specific goods and services. The Tombstone Chamber is regularly asked by our visitors: Where can I stay?, Where can I eat?, Where can I shop?, Do you have a store that carries?, I want to move to the area can you recommend…?, And . . .
6. Your investment is an excellent way to give back to the community in which you live, work and play. Regardless of where your customers are, this community and its quality of life are important to you, your employees and your business. Your investment advances our business community. A healthy local economy is integral to the success of a business. When Tombstone AZ businesses thrive, jobs are created, goods and services are available, cash flows through the community and taxes are generated to support community facilities and services.
7. Your investment is good for your image. There is no doubt that joining the Tombstone Chamber means increased visibility and there is something to be said about supporting your fellow business men and women. A 2012 national survey* revealed that being active in a local Chamber of Commerce is an effective business strategy because consumers believe that such companies use good business practices, are reputable, care about their customers, and are involved in the community.
*The study was conducted by The Shapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm
8. Your investment keeps you informed through the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce communications. As a member you’ll receive information about community and Chamber happenings, invitations to trainings, events and more. You can use our online event calendar to know what events are happening in Tombstone. Follow us on Facebook & Twitter.
9. Your investment is Tax Deductible. Chamber dues are 100% tax deductible as business expense.
10. Through your investment Tombstone AZ benefits.
Thank you for your time, consideration and support,
Susan Wallace, President
Tombstone Chamber of Commerce
Outside of Tombstone Arizona
Business Membership - $150.00 (USD) Annually
These are For Profit Businesses that are located outside of the Tombstone city limits. These are non-voting Chamber Members.
Individual - Non Voting
$30.00 (USD) Annually
For Individuals (Non Business) that desire to support the Chamber of Commerce. These individuals have the benefit of association with the Chamber of Commerce. They do not receive the benefit of voting or advertising.
About Joining the Tombstone Chamber as an Individual
Individual Memberships are for those people not associated with a business who would like to support the Chamber’s good works in our communities. Typical individual members are people who are retired, just moved into the area or who moved out of the area but want to stay in touch with what it going on in Tombstone, AZ. Many people who volunteer at the Chamber are Individual Members. A membership makes a great gift for any occasion, particularly for someone who already has it all.
Individual members receive our Weekly Email Updates, and a listing on the Chamber website.
The Average U.S. Cost of a Chamber Membership
The average cost of membership depends on the size and number of employees your business has. Many small business memberships fall into the $30-40 per month range. Most chambers charge a $300 - $400 yearly fee. - as per the U.S. Chamber of Commerce 2015
Business Credibility of Being A Business Chamber Member
Many members of the community consider Chamber of Commerce membership to be a sign of a reputable, solid business.
When you join the Chamber, you will receive a Chamber of Commerce decal to display in your business’ window, so other businesses know you are a member.
Most consumers (59%) think that being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy overall.
It is 29% more effective, however, for communicating to consumers that a company uses good business practices and 26% more effective for communicating that a business is reputable.
If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 22% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
When a consumer thinks that a company’s products stack up better against the competition because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy, involved in the community, and is an industry leader.
When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.
The Real Value of Joining a Chamber of Commerce – A Research Study by the Schapiro Group Sandra Lewis | Published: August 28, 2013
And... by joining the Tombstone Chamber of Commerce you are supporting the overall efforts to increase awareness and tourism for our community!
Chamber dues are not tax-deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes.